We are happy to announce an art tournament that will be held this summer in Mountain Home, Idaho! We are welcoming all local artists to join in and show off their skills!
There will be 10 categories to enter through:
Paper and Canvas Paintings
Sculptures and Murals
Body Paint, Makeup, Costume
Metal, Wood, Ceramic
Fabric, Yarn, Crafts
Performing Art (Singing, Dancing, Comedy, Music)
Mixed Media and Innovative Creation
The Following 6 Awards will be determined by popular vote only. Voting will be held during the tournament and ends on July 7th at 4 PM. The winners will be announced at 8 pm on July 7th.
1st Place for each category will win $700. 2nd Place for each category will win $300. 3rd Place for each category will win $100. "Most Creative" will win $500 in cash and prizes. "Honorable Mention" will win $500 in cash and prizes. "Best of Show" will win $2000 in cash and prizes.
For those of you who signed up for the professionally judged competition: The following 4 Awards will be determined using both popular vote and a professional one. The popular vote will account for 25% of the weight of this outcome. The other 75% will be determined by a panel of 10 Professional Judges. Each judge will be selected by Justin Abel Art in accordance with a strict unbiased and fair policy. Every judge will cast 4 votes denoting each place. There will be one expert judge per each category. Judges will privately convene at 4 PM to deliberate this tournament's professionally judged winners.
Professionally Judged Tournament Winners:
1st Place Professionally Judged Tournament Winner will win $5000. 2nd Place Professionally Judged Tournament Winner will win $2000. 3rd Place Professionally Judged Tournament Winner will win $1000. 4th Place Professionally Judged Tournament Winner will win $500.
********* How to Enter *********
There are only 3 steps !
1. Each artist must first apply through the contact form below. All applicants will be reviewed. Please include a photograph of your entry. You may only choose one category to enter. Once you enter a category and your entry is accepted, you may only change your submission and category one time as long as it is withing 1 month of the tournament. If you are accepted, you will receive a welcome email with further instructions. There is no fee for participation unless the artist desires to also enter the professionally judged section of this tournament (which costs $20). You do NOT have to enter into the professional judged part of this tournament; and it does NOT cost anything to enter into the "Category Competition."
2. Each participant must have a sponsoring business or if he/she chooses, he or she may sponsor themselves. It can be any business in Elmore or Ada County. The business that sponsors you will be recognized during the 3-Day tournament as your sponsor and will have their names posted in the Justin Abel Art ads regarding this tournament as soon as the submit their sponsorship request and are accepted by this tournament's committee.
3. Each visual artist must be present during the tournament along with his or her entry or photograph of his or her entry. All performing artists must submit detailed plans for their performances 2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Business Sponsorship Packages:
Bronze-----$40 ( sponsorship title in Facebook Ads ) Silver-------$75 ( bronze package + business title and cards beside artist at tournament ) Gold-------$150 ( silver package + logo in 20 posters throughout Elmore and Ada Counties, website listing) Platinum--$300 ( gold package + newspaper listing, and V.I.P. projector and microphone mentions at tournament )
Enter the "Justin Abel Art Tournament" Below !!!!
I would just like to introduce myself as the owner of Justin Abel Art and The Academy of Arts in Mountain Home, Idaho. I am happy to clarify that this new vocational apprenticeship program is (in a nutshell) a small business art development center. I have devised a program to help you learn how to start and run an art-related business from scratch with little to no money. I built my business using a collection of skills gleaned from college and experience. I am hoping to share with you my testimony and the tools used to fashion this comprehensive art and tattoo studio. I plan for my business and the Rescue-me RV Project to make a stronghold here in Idaho, and I would love to teach you how it can be done anywhere on Earth!!!!
Have any questions or comments? Please fill out the form below: